Westhoughton Conservative Club was Opened on 29th March 1890 by Mr Frank Hardcastle M.P.
It was built as a Conservative Club at a cost of £1000 and is a Member of The Association of Conservative Clubs.
Lancashire Online Parish Project,
The Parish Of Westhoughton in the County of Lancashire
The Association is associated with the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom. It represents and provides support to the largest association of political clubs in the country estimated at 1,100. The Association of Conservative Clubs was formed in 1894 and its objects are to assist and encourage the formation of Clubs and to support the principles and aims of The Conservative Party.
We joined the Association on the 29th May 1900.
TO VISIT THE ASSOCIATION OF CONSERVATIVE CLUBS WEBSITE.
The Earliest Chairman of our Club we can find is a man Called James Selby Berry.
We Also Have 1 of the 2 Statues in the North West of Benjamin Disraeli
(AKA Lord Beaconsfield) The Other is in the market town of Ormskirk.
Officials & Staff
Officers Of the Club
President - Stephen Horrocks
Chairman - Harry Chadwick
Secretary - Peter Sadler
Treasurer - Sean Mullins
Vice Chairman - Keith Riley
Committee Of the Club
Steward - Mark Woodward
Joint Relief Stewardess - Charlotte Lisle
Steward's Wife / Bar Staff - Louise Woodward
Bar Staff ( Sat & Sun afternoon ) - Rachel Burton
Event Staff - Jake Horrocks
Event Staff - Dominic Gannon
Event Staff - Katie Hodgkinson
Debbie Whittaker - Mon - Thurs
Nicola Horrocks - Friday - Sunday